Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Yes!! Yes!! Yes!!! We are Pregnant!!!




<---The picture to the left is a bit unclear, but that is our "YES!" pregnancy test!!!
2/24/2009---Soooo....I guess my first post seemed a bit unclear! We are indeed pregnant! As a matter of fact we are now 10 weeks strong! 10 weeks closer to meeting the little one that God has blessed us with! We are so delighted to be able to pour love and blessings into our little baby.....I would like you to understand a bit about us before we go on.....

David and I met while we were studying at the University of Toledo. We were introduced by a mutual friend eventually had chemistry class together for the entire year that David went to Toledo! As the year went by our friendship grew stronger and we were able to get to know each other better. Toward the end of the school year we enjoyed 1 date and on that one date was when David announced to me that he would be moving to Vegas to start over....VEGAS???? To start over? I wondered what he was thinking....Vegas is "sin city"! How can anyone do better there???? Although I was crushed I eventually trusted that he was making the right decision. He would be moving to Las Vegas to stay with his Aunt. That following summer David left for NV. :( I was in Toledo completing summer school courses so that I could continue college...LOL! David and I lost touch over the summer, although he had called my house many times. My brothers NEVER gave me the message!
Later on that summer David and I were FINALLY reconnected! We picked up where we left off and continued to build our friendship....A very long 2 years went by before we were able to see each other...But we eventually did...We went on a quick date to the mall! LOL to get some food and then I was on my way to my friends bridal shower!
Over the next year we got closer and finally in February of 05 David decided that he wanted to make things official...He came home to Cleveland for a quick trip and I made my way from Toledo to Cleveland to spend some time with him! We were able to spend a LOT of time together and he eventually told me that he was ready to make "US" official. During that year 05 I graduated from the University of Toledo and later moved to Elgin, IL to accept a higher position with Boys & Girls Clubs. A couple months later David moved to Tucson to also accept a higher position with 84 Lumber (2006) . Our relationship was stronger than ever...we supported each other spiritually and emotionally as well as unending encouragement in our careers.

Later that year (Sept) I was preparing for HUGE event for work. I planned to implement plans for this event and then travel to Tucson to help David move the following weekend. After being out in the community promoting all day I needed to definitely have one of my "phone dates" with Dave! We plan to speak later and go out to eat at the same time as we had often done! Once the time came I was VERY tired and opted to just get some Dairy Queen and relax at home as he ate. As soon as I got home and sat down I called him and he was asking me how hes supposed to season fried chicken. As I was giving him intructions the doorbell rang.....I went to the door to see who it was and I didnt see anyone there...So I went back up to my room. I thought that it was probably just some drunk neighbors. Once I sat back down, the doorbell rang again....Im like...Oh Lawwwd! So...I told Dave that I was scared and he is telling me just go see who it is...Sooo...I grabbed a pair of scissors and went downstairs...Something told me to open the door Thank youGod!) and here David is....standing outside of the door! HE DROVE 30 HOURS! NONSTOP!
Eventually he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him in so many words! LOL! He is sooo non-traditional! I said yes!!! 30 HOURS TO PROPOSE!!! WOW! I was in AWE!!!
David moved back with his parents as we prepared for our wedding, because we wanted to continue to honor God by abstaining from sex and living together until we were married!
We got married December 31, 2006 in Canton, OH (3 months later). We had a beautiful wedding day and were surrounded by family and friends!!!
After we got married we prayed and asked God to bless us with children within two-three years. We wanted time to get to know each other as well as accomplish some of the things that God had set before us. We also opted to not take ANY birth control or contraceptive, but instead decided that we wanted God to have TOTAL control. We were not going to stop ANYTHING!
We continued with our lives after we got married...Dave worked for the ministry (Living Word Christian Center) and I continued to work for Boys & Girls Club of Elgin. Eventually (Sept 07) I was led to walk away from my job and start Level 7, a youth ministry organization. We continued to build our marriage, our relationship with Christ and Level 7. That year David also enrolled in the Joseph Business School and later finished at the top of his class! Praise God! He truly has a gift for business! During the summer Spring of 2008 we went on a pretty lengthy fast to hear from God on what we needed to do next in our lives...We got the answer that it was time to move back to Canton, OH.
On July 3 we moved back to Ohio to pursue Level 7. Dave was also blessed with a position at a well known insurance company where we have really great pay and health benefits! Later that year David was also able to incorporate Royal Business Development, which is a business consulting firm where he helps entreprenuers start and develop businesses!
After all of that happens we finally celebrate our two year anniversary and then we find out three weeks later that we are indeed PREGNANT!!! We were so overwhelmed with joy that God would choose us! As well as the fact that God fulfilled His promise...
Remember I told you all that we prayed and asked God to give us a baby in 2-3 years....Here we are 2 months pregnant after our 2 year anniversary!
Psalm 37:4-7 (KJV)4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.6 And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him:
If you delight yourself in the Lord, listen to Him, trust Him, follow His commandments, wait patiently...He will GIVE YOU the desires of your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

bellyHood.com Widget-Fetal Monitor-Baby Cam